Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Making Peace

“Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.”


Now I feel like Im getting somewhere. Like the hold that was once squeezing me ever so tightly was finally loosening its grip.


Thanks to tonight..


I needed this talk to say my peace, give it one last shot. Prove to myself that I DID give it 100%. Maybe somethings weren't meant to be...like this. I still believe we could have made it, could have been happy again. I will probably never understand a lot of why this is happening, but Ive come to accept that i cant change someone that doesnt want to change himself. I think its crazy to just give up on everything we've worked so hard for. When times got a little tough, he bailed on not only his marriage but his daughter. I never saw him as a quitter, but my views on him have changed. People change over time, yes, but that doesnt mean you cant learn to love that new person. How do you think people stay married for years upon years? They work at it, they grow with eachother, they're commited to standing by that one person who once stole their heart, through the good and the bad. Most of all, LOVE. Despite what some may say, love just doesnt go away overnight. 
I don't care as much about myself anymore as I do for that little girl with that cheesy smile of hers. Her happiness is all that matters. I realized I need to focus all my negative energy into loving her that much more. She is my world now...no one else.



I can breathe again..




"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever" (1 cor 13:4-8)...

Should tell me something right?

4 comments:

  1. I love love love this Felicia. Very proud of you- a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told you Chica! Good work. Now just take care of my niece, and yourself. Need anything, just call kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have been nothing short of amazing to me.Much love to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well put selee. You're soo strong, just keep your head up and keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online